As Tofaş, we have achieved our success and competitive structure by focusing on improvement. We have continuously renewed our all competencies from R&D to after sales. Therefore, in such a strategic time that will shape our future, we are obliged to carry “Tofaş Spirit” and our corporate culture to the future. Because one of the most important things that enhance the value of a company: to make the improvement culture part of the daily life. Especially in automotive industry, that manufacturing good and quality products is not enough to create competitive advantage.
Within the scope of this goal, our colleagues selected as Potential who are the future leaders of Tofaş will play important roles. In order to prepare future leaders and Tofaş to the future by improving the competencies of our Potential colleagues, POTA Potential academy has been designed.
The aim of the POTA Potential Academy to qualify participants to look at their works from different perspectives, question how they deal with their work to reach the excellency, follow global and local values, trends, changes and developments. To improve these competencies determined within the main goals effectively, many different improvement instruments are used in the POTA according to different learning styles. In this way, it is expected higher realization rates of behavioral changes for participants.
POTA Specialist Potentials Programme; is aiming to improve its participants in 3 main competencies. These are: Personal leadership, strategic leadership and team leadership. These competencies are formed by melting strengths and areas to be improved which are results of assessment center and performance assessments, Leadership Competencies of Tofaş and corporate goals in the same pot.
Researches on adult learning show that turning a knowledge to a behavior depend on 70:20:10 rule. POTA Potential Academy is designed with this approach. In order for Pota participants to learn a knowledge then reflect it to his/her behavior, different improvement tools are used in compliance with 70-20-10 allocation and a blended learning programme is presented.
Allocation of rates stated in this approach and improvement instruments:
Design of the Program
Improvement instruments that have 70% impact on learning:
- Project Works (specialist – manager)
Improvement instruments that have 20% impact on learning:
- Interviews with Human Resources (specialist – manager)
- Mentoring (specialist)
- Coaching (manager)
- Meetings with Top Management (specialist – manager)
- Personal Improvement Consultancy (specialist)
- Insights Feedback Session (specialist)
- Personal Image Management Consultancy ( manager)
- Assessment Center Results Feedback (specialist – manager)
- HR Summit Seminars (specialist – manager)
Improvement instruments that have 10% impact on learning:
- Mini MBA Programme (specialist)
- Leadership School Programme (specialist)
- Selected University Trainings (manager)
- Personal Image Management Training (manager)
- Online Bulletin (video, book summary, article) (specialist – manager)